Take me to...
News & Highlights
- East Granby's Second Annual #1 Dog Contest Winner
- May 28, 2013 Annual Budget Referendum Recount
- EG Parks & Rec "Save The Date"
- NEW Water Rates for MDC Customers
- East Granby Grand List Posts a 2.9% Increase
- IT’S NEW! Increased Public Access Television Local Programing
- Subscribe to East Granby eNews Updates
George E. Cornelius Jr. - Chairman
The East Granby Wetlands/Conservation Commission meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Hearing Room. The Conservation Commission acts as the official Inland Wetlands and Watercourse Agency for the Town of East Granby. In this capacity the Commission reviews site development application for any site improvements located within 100 feet of a wetland or watercourse as defined by state and local regulations. The Commission also determines wetland boundaries, jurisdictional rulings on “as of right uses”, maintain and amend the Town Inland Wetland and Watercourse Regulations, and renew or amend existing wetland permits. The Commission first determines whether the proposed activity constitutes a “regulated or significant activity”, and then reviews the application to determine that there are no “prudent or feasible alternatives”. The main objective in their review is to administer the local and state regulations, and protect the designated wetlands, watercourses, vernal pools, and associated upland review areas, as well as the natural habitats and species that they support.
Land Use Maps
Conservation Commission Meeting Minutes & Agendas